Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Heaven is for Real

About a month ago I read the book Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo and this is one of the most inspirational books I have read.  I would recommend this book to anyone!  This is great for people who are dealing with the loss of a loved one, and there is also a children's version of this book (which I have not read) that is probably great for kids!

I read this book back in January and the reason I decided to write about it now is because my dog, Rocky (a 13 1/2 year old black lab) just went to heaven on Monday (March 5, 2012).  He had been such a huge part of my life since my dad and I got him when I was in second grade.  It was really hard for me to deal with this loss and it would have been even harder had I not read this book Heaven is for Real.  It taught me that even dogs go to heaven so even though Rocky is now in heaven I know that one day he and I will be reunited again.

This book is such a great book, even if you are not a religious person at all I would highly recommend this book, because I am not a religious person at all and this book still seemed pretty spectacular to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment