Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentine's Day!

Valentine's day next week are you ready?  I am!  I decided that this Valentine's day was going to be all about crafting!  I am making gifts for my sorority sisters, boyfriend, and my mom!

This first thing I made was felt fortune cookies.



Directions:
Take a piece of felt and trace a circle on it (about 6 inches in diameter) and cut it out.  Then take some floral wire and glue it down the middle of the circle and place either a scrap of felt or a piece of ribbon on top of the wire.  I then placed two small dots of glue on either side of the fortune cookie to keep it together better.  Then you type up your own fortunes to place inside, instead of doing fortunes I did inspirations.  I also placed a Hershey kiss inside for a special treat!
Then for each person I personalized one fortune cookie by put their name on it with puffy paint. 

 Then for my boyfriend I made him a book of cards with 52 reason why I love him.


 Directions:
This was pretty easy to make.  I just bought a new deck of cards and punched two holes in card in the same place and put the metal ring through to hold them together.  I then printed out the 52 reasons why I love him onto card stock and glued one reason on each card.  That easy!

Butterfly valentines!  I made each person a butterfly valentine which was pretty easy!


Directions: I took card stock and cut out the simple butterfly shape.  I then cut it so there were two slits to slide the lollipop through to hold it.  I decorated the butterfly by writing "Happy Valentine's Day" over and over around the outside and added some decorations into the middle of the butterfly.  Put the lollipop in its place and it is done!



 I made my sorority sisters lion mailboxes filled with different treats.  I added their name on to the mane of the lion to make it more specialized.  This was from a kit I got from Oriental Trading Company, there stuff may not be amazing quality but a lot of it is so cute! That is also where I got most of my fillers for the mailboxes.

Then I made some mailboxes for my mom and my boyfriends.  I got the mailbox at Micheal's and went crazy with Valentine's day decorations and filled it with a bunch of goodies!





No comments:

Post a Comment