Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Glitter Letters on Canvas!

This week I decided to get an early start on my little sister's birthday present!

I made her canvas sorority letters with glitter (now what sorority girl in her right mind doesn't like glitter).  Even better yet I did it her sorority colors.

Directions:
So this was actually quite easier than I thought it would be when I started this craft.  I got two 8 x 10 canvases from Michael's and painted them silver.  I then printed out letters (for the big letters and the small letters) from Word and cut them out and traced the big letters with black onto the canvas.  I think took an index card a cut it into a size that the smaller letter would fit on to and traced the outline of the index card and then traced the letters on the inside of the rectangle and filled in the letters with black.  Then for the glitter I used a paint brush and painted an even layer of glue on the big letters and sprinkled my glue on (I did two coats on the first day).  Then for the smaller letters I did one coat of glue and glitter.

Make sure you let these dry laying flat or the glue will run and ruin the project! The next day you will probably want to add another layer of glue and glitter to make it even more sparkly!

Then to protect the entire thing use a clear spray sealant coat to protect it.  It does take some time because of letting the glue dry because there is so much glue but it is so cute that it is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment